LISTED BELOW ARE THE LINKS FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PROVIDER
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE FIRST AND LET US KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO DO TELEHEALTH
While the threat of COVID-19 transmission is still a concern in our community, Urology, P.C. has implemented a new way for patient’s to be seen safely in the comfort of their own home. Below is a step-by-step guide reviewing what patients should expect from their Telehealth appointments.
- On the day of the appointment patients should expect a phone call from reception 15 minutes prior to each appointment to review all demographic and insurance information. Please have your insurance cards ready.
- The call will then be transferred to a nurse. At this time it is imperative that each patient be able to provide a full medication list, allergy information and surgical history. Please allow 10-15 minutes for this part of the appointment.
- Once completed, Urology staff will assist patients in connecting to the web site. You will NOT need to create a user name to log in.
- The following internet browsers are required for use. If you need help locating or downloading one of these browsers, please ask and Urology, P.C. will assist you.
- You will enter the virtual waiting room and your provider will be with you as promptly as possible.
- If you are going to use video for this telehealth and you would like to test your device prior to your appointment, please visit https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/results on the device you will be using for your telehealth visit. This will help ensure you are able to use your camera and microphone on that device for your telehealth appointment.